eVanik OneWorld Suite provides the One-Click accounting integration of your e-commerce marketplace transactions with your Tally ERP9 software. The following types of transactions will get integrated with Tally:
- All Sales Orders (With Order IDs in the reference field of sales invoice in Tally)
- All Sales Returns (With Order IDs in the reference field of Credit Note invoice in Tally, providing "against original invoice")
- All Payments credited to your account by the marketplace channels. Payment vouchers will have all the order references against which the payment has been settled. Transaction / NEFT details will appear in the narration field of Tally.
- All Expense and Commission Fee-related transactions with references against orders and returns.
- TCS (Tax Collected at Source) entries at order and returns level
Instructions to add chrome extension to your eVanik OneWorld Suite for Tally ERP9 integration
Step-by-step guide to enable chrome extension in eVanik OneWorld Suite
Step 1: Creating a new profile in Chrome Browser
- Open a new window in your Chrome Browser and click on your profile pic (Top-Right). This will open a pop-up which looks like this:
- Click on the "+ Add" text to create your new chrome profile. Remember to check on the checkbox: "Create a desktop shortcut for this user"
- A default chrome browser window will open up on its own. Please close this window.
- The new chrome browser profile is now created. You will find a shortcut icon on your desktop for the same. Right-Click on this shortcut and click on properties.
- Copy the path showing in your target box and paste it in a notepad. It will look something like this: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --profile-directory="Profile 1"
- Open your "File Manager" and create a New Folder. Remember to create this folder in a place which you will remember and it should not get deleted. Give this folder a unique name, something like "eVanik Chrome"
- Create a sub-folder within this folder and name it as "Data". Open this folder
- Copy the path of this folder. See the screenshot below. Click on the path and then copy it. Paste this path in the same notepad below where you pasted your "Target Location" earlier.
- Copy the following text: "--user-data-dir="REPLACE_LOCAL_SYSTEM_PATH" --disable-web-security" in your notepad in the end. This is the content you would have got in the notepad till now:
- The above 3 texts need to be combined now. Please see the format in the screenshot below
- In the 3rd line, replace the text "REPLACE_LOCAL_SYSTEM_PATH" with the 2nd line. This is how it should look now: "--user-data-dir="C:\Users\Mayank\Desktop\eVanik Chrome\Data" --disable-web-security"
- In the 1st line, insert this new line just before: "--profile-directory". Add a blank space in the beginning before pasting this text.
- The final text will now look like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir="C:\Users\Mayank\Desktop\eVanik Chrome\Data" --disable-web-security --profile-directory="Profile 1" This is now the new path for your new chrome browser profile and needs to be pasted in the Target input box.
- Right Click the desktop shortcut icon of your new Chrome Browser profile and replace the target destination with this new path. Click on "Apply" and then click on "OK"
Step 2: Adding the Chrome Extension in the new Chrome Browser Profile
- Double click on the new chrome browser profile desktop shortcut icon
- Login to your eVanik Seller Panel.
- Browse to the Tally Integration Page on the Seller Panel.
- Add the extension by clicking here, or on the page link displayed.
Step 3: Configuration in your Tally ERP9
- Open your Tally Company and click on F12 (Configure).
- On the configuration page, click on "Advanced Configuration". Ensure that the following fields are updated as shown in the screenshot below:
- Restart your Tally ERP9. The configuration settings are now complete.